Make sure all the connections are plugged in correctly.
Make sure the Xbox 360 Console has power.
Make sure your TV or VCR is set to the correct Video Input. The Video Input name differs for different TVs or VCRs. For example, the input name may be Input Select, AUX, Line In, Line, In, Input, Source, or EXT. For more information, see the manual for the TV or for the VCR.
If the problem continues the try one of the following steps on How to Reset your Xbox 360.
If you get a picture without sound, follow these steps to reset your Xbox:
1. Make sure that you connect the video connectors and the audio connectors to the same input group on the back of the TV.
2. If you use digital audio, verify the following:
* Make sure that the audio receiver is turned on.
* Make sure that the audio output setting in the Xbox Dashboard corresponds to the setting on the TV.
* Make sure that you connect the console to the digital audio connector on the TV or audio receiver by using an S/PDIF optical connection or a “TosLink” cable.
If you get sound without a picture or bad picture, follow these steps to reset your Xbox:
1. Verify the following:
* Make sure that your TV is set to the same video broadcast system as your Xbox 360 console (PAL or NTSC). For example, if your Xbox 360 console is an NTSC console, make sure that your TV supports NTSC.
* If your Xbox 360 console is a PAL console, set your PAL settings to PAL 60.
* If your TV has a type of picture compensation enabled, disable it. Examples of picture compensation include the following:
These features may have different names depending on the make and the model of your TV.
2. Turn off your Xbox 360 Console if its not already off.
3. Turn on your Xbox 360 Console.
*Note: If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn on the console by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller. Wait for the guide light to indicate that the controller has linked to the console.
*Note: Make sure that you use the player one controller when you do this. The player one controller is indicated by the upper-left quadrant light on the console.
2. As the console starts up, hold the right trigger, and then press and hold the Y button as the console starts. If you see a picture on the display after you try this step, you can continue to use the 640×480 resolution, or you can try to use a higher resolution setting. If you still cannot see a picture, continue to the next steps.
3. Disconnect the VGA High Definition cable from the display, and then remove the console power cord from the power outlet.
4. Wait five seconds or so.
5. Reconnect the console power cord to the power outlet, and then turn on the console.
6. Reconnect the VGA High Definition cable to the display. If you can see a picture on the display after you try this step, you can continue to use the 640×480 resolution, or you can try to use a higher resolution setting.